With content that is often shorter and more frequently updated, blogs can be a good way to become more familiar with writers, thinkers, and groups. There are many wonderful blogs that can be truly inspirational for Catholics.
Blog posts can describe how lives changed and maybe even change them. For example:
A Concord Pastor Comments (http://concordpastor.blogspot.com/) has been written by Father Austin Fleming for more than a decade. Most days it includes a prayer and a selection of music ‘in the Catholic tradition,’ usually tied to the day’s scripture readings. Father Fleming is a liturgist and his choices of themes and artists are his ministry, often with selections that are uplifting or astonishing. For example, one recent post included a link to a YouTube video of a prayer for peace accompanied by a piece of music by a contemporary Catholic composer named Margaret Rizza.
According to her website, Margaret Rizza was born in 1929 but only began to compose in 1997 when she was 68-years-old (she is 93 now!). All this followed an illustrious career as an opera singer spanning 25 years.
Since then, she has become a major personality in the world of Christian choral music. She has worked on many outreach projects taking groups of students to share their music with people in prisons, hospitals, hospices, inner city schools, schools for the blind and those who have physical and learning difficulties. Her music is so beautiful and powerful that it and her story have changed lives.
Almost every day, Father Fleming’s blog provides links to other sites and people that can inspire and enhance mental health.
A few other selected blogs are listed here, but please see a larger list of blogs at the end of this section.
- The Catholic Experience: http://catholicexchange.com
- Integrated Catholic Life: http://integratedcatholiclife.org
- Crux: http://cruxnow.com
- Life Teen: http://lifeteen.com/blog
- Father Z’s Blog: http://wdtprs.com/blog
- Reasons 2B Catholic: https://reason2bcatholic.com
- Walking in the Light!: https://fireandfaith.home.blog/blog-feed
- Always Catholic: https://www.digitalconnectmag.com
- Catholic News Release: https://www.crs.org
- St. Paul Center: https://stpaulcenter.com/studies-tools/blog
- The Remnant: https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php
- The Catholic Thing: https://www.thecatholicthing.org
- New Liturgical Movement: http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org
- The Catholic Traveler: https://thecatholictraveler.com/blog